Prawn Thai Green Curry with Broccoli Rice with vegan options.Dairy free . Gluten free . Keto . Low carb . Paleo . Refined sugar free . Vegan
Get ready for a hearty winter warmer. Just in time as we enter the cooler Aussie months, where hibernation looks all too enticing & large comfy jumpers rule.
For a vegan friendly option just use without adding prawns and add extra veggies, still delicious!
Serves 3 – 4
You will need
- Curry ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of my Thai green curry paste
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce. (For vegans, I use this vegan Fysh sauce )
- 1/2 teaspoon of tamarind paste
- 2 level teaspoons of xylitol (I use this instead of brown sugar)
- 2 cubes of frozen bone broth (or 1/2 cup chicken stock). Find my recipe for an old fashioned bone broth here . Vegans can use 1 cube of veggie stock.
- Salt & pepper to season
- 1 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 chopped carrots
- 2 chopped zucchini
- 1 handful of chopped green beans if you like
- 250g raw prawns (Optional: I also used 6 scallops)
- Broccoli rice ingredients
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- 1 large head of broccoli
- Lightly pan fry 2 level tablespoons of my green curry paste in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Add the coconut cream, xylitol, tamarind, Fish sauce & Kaffir lime leaf
- Once the coconut cream is heated add the bone broth cubes & chopped veggies – Stir.
- Bring the ingredients to the boil.
- Lastly, add the prawns and leave to simmer for 10 minutes or until prawns are cooked. This will happen fast!
- Add salt & pepper to your taste.
- Garnish with a couple of leftover Thai basil leaves or some coriander.
To make broccoli rice:
- Lightly grease a fry pan with olive oil
- Add 1 teaspoon of garlic paste to the oil & mix.
- Add the broccoli & lightly fry for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with salt and pepper
Serve & Enjoy!