The Keto Version Chocolate Pud with spearmint whipped coconut creamDairy free . Gluten free . Keto . Low carb . Paleo . Refined sugar free
Currently 6 days into clean keto and I’m feeling full and satisfied despite a significant calorie reduction to the usual.
I’ve got my emergency Keto chocolate stash during this program (check out my delicious chocolate experiment) but also wanted to create something that was more of a dessert treat. A summery bowl to enjoy & In the case of this morning, it was Breakfast.
Disclaimer: The original Non-Keto deliciously healthy recipe that I was inspired to modify is found in Helen Padarin & Pete Evans “The Complete Gut Health Cookbook”
Presenting: The Keto Version Chocolate Pud with spearmint whipped coconut cream…
Ingredients (Makes 4 – you’ll want many & you’ll want to share with the family!)
- 2 level tablespoons xylitol
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla – or ½ vanilla pod (seeds scraped out)
- 400ml of coconut milk or cream
- 2 level tablespoons of cacao
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of gelatine (always grass/pasture fed). Set for 10 minutes in 2 tablespoons of water before mixing into recipe to allow gelatin to bloom.
- In a saucepan, heat the cacao, vanilla, coconut cream, cinnamon & xylitol on low heat. Whisk ingredients together. Once simmering, add in the gelatine. Continue the whisk.
- Once all the ingredients are dissolved pour contents into 3 small bowls and leave to set in the fridge.
- 1 hours later, your treat is ready! It’s that simple.
Options for Garnish
- Spearmint infused cream *shown in the photo above – Homemade whipped coconut cream with spearmint essence. I recently bought spearmint essence and LOVE experimenting with it!
- Dessicated Coconut
- Lightly dust with cacao
- Mixed berries 1 tablespoon per serve
- Crushed macadamia nuts
Options for Variations
How to use: Dissolve any of the following into your simmering mixture for some variation.
Minty fresh – 1 drop of young living peppermint essential oil
Orange bliss – 1 drop of young living orange oil
Spearmint – 10 mls spearmint essence
Coffee – 1 teaspoon of espresso for a coffee flavour.
Can’t wait to share navigating this journey with the Keto seminar participants on the 31st of January! For expressions of interest contact The Grove Health Pymble, the Keto education session kicks off on the 31st January at 9am.
Written by reemasaabnaturopathy